Love God, Love People, Serve The World
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU COME...
At Horizons Church, we know visiting a new church for the first time can be intimidating. We want to make sure you feel welcome, comfortable, and loved when you come visit us. Here are a few commonly-asked questions.
1. Who are we? We are a church that loves God, loves people and wants to serve the world including the local community. We are passionate about helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ.
2. When and where? Our service times are Sunday mornings at 9:00 and 10:30 AM. We offer full Children's Programming at both services. Middle and High School Students are encouraged to attend with their parents or serve on Sunday mornings.
Our address is: 1503 157 Ave NE, Ham Lake, MN 55304
3. Is there a dress code? The dress code is very casual. There’s no need to come in a suit, tuxedo, or anything too fancy. Come as you are! Jeans and a t-shirt work fine.
4. What should I expect on my first visit? From the moment you first arrive, it’s our goal to make you feel at home. Someone from our Guest Services team will meet you at the door with a smile and ready to answer any questions you might have. From there, you can make your way to our Guest Services Center where you will receive a free drink and donut coupon for our Café. There you can also check your kids in, receive a tour of our facility or head right into the worship service. Our services start right on time, so come early to get a great seat!
Following the service come meet a few of our Staff at Connection Point located outside the left Auditorium doors (when you are exiting), and bring the Connection Card in your Program all filled out. We will exchange that card for a free gift and efficiently answer any questions you have about HC.
5. What is available for my kids? We were hoping you would ask! We have a safe and fun environment for kids of all ages. If you have children from the ages of infant through 5th Grade we have full programming at both services. See page. 6. What about Middle School and High School? If you have a Middle or High School student, their "church service" takes place on Wednesday nights. We encourage students to attend Sunday mornings with their parents in the main auditorium or to serve. There are lots of serving opportunities for students on Sunday mornings. We've found that by getting students to serve on Sundays is an effective way to help them become more comfortable working side by side with adults, and will help them stay involved as they mature. See website. 6. What is the worship experience like? Our experiences are meaningful, creative and spiritually engaging. Each experience kicks off with a time of live worship music - which is often a blend of live energetic rock and soul that has our guests standing. Folks tell us all the time that we are blessed with an amazing worship team – we agree. Watch past services.
Then, our Pastor shares a Biblically-centered message that's always honest and challenging, empowering you to apply Jesus' words to your daily life. We like to end our teaching time with a few minutes of prayer. Then we wrap up the experience with a closing song. Our worship service is designed with you in mind, so we invite you to join us! Come and experience family and hope at Horizons Church.
Visited us recently? We want to know what you thought of the experience.
Let us know by filling out our quick four-question survey below. Your honest feedback helps us serve you even better. Thanks!
Guest Survey Form: